Social media have made a significant impact on our lives. After the internet presence, the number of social media users been continuously increased. Since the year 2004, top social media platforms have grown exponentially.Major social media sites include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.At present (in 2020), there are approximately 3.6 billion social media users worldwide. By the year 2025, this figure is expected to grow by 4.41 billion.As most internet users are on various social platforms, it is a great opportunity for businesses and brands to build their online presence through relevant platforms.
Here are some social media statistics that will blow your mind:
- Among various social media platforms, Facebook is the market leader. With over 2.30 billion monthly active users, it becomes the most widely used social media platform.
- If we categorize social media users by generation, 90.4% millennials, 77.5% Generation X, and 48.2% Baby Boomers are on social media.
- An average user spends around 3 hours per day on social networks and messaging.
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with the brand on social media are likely to refer to products/services to their friends and family.
- 91% of users access various social media channels via mobile devices.
If you are a business or company owner, here are some reasons why you should consider social media:
- Connect with your customers: The purpose of different social media channels is to engage and connect. If you are a business, it can be an excellent way to interact with your actual and potential customers.
- Build awareness: Using social media, you can also build awareness about the existence of your business.
- Provide support: Businesses and brands nowadays are using Facebook and Instagram to provide support to their customers.
- Educate: Depending on your social media platform, you can create informative content that can educate your audience.
Tags: Agency, dmstudio, facebook, fb, instagram, marketing, Pinterest, seo, social media, tik tok, twiter